Free UK delivery
Well I am absolutely delighted to have raised these plants from seed and bring them to sale - I'll be a monkey's uncle if you can find one of these anywhere else!
They are gorgeous little trees which are perfect as bonsai candidates or simply an elegant and intriguing novelty that would make a completely exclusive seasonal gift.
Myrrh is of course famous from the Bible, and is widely used in medicine, fragrances and oils. It is derived from the sap of the plant and is very valuable.
The plants are native to Africa, where they will grow into 20-30ft trees. Depending on the size of the pot they are kept in they will perhaps reach 2-5ft.
Once established, the bark peels away and becomes cracked and gnarled, producing a striking ornamental showpiece.
They like plenty of sunshine and a well drained soil that doesn't hold on to water. Growing information:
- Keep in sun to partial shade
- Bring indoors for winter, these are not hardy
- Deserves a nice fancy pot - use free draining compost, with some red clay mixed in
- Water sparingly, especially in winter
- Fertilise in the growing season with mineral based Houseplant Focus available from our webstore
- Keep the leaves clean and foliar feed with Houseplant Myst available from our webstore
- Your plant will come in a 13cm pot and will be about 25-30cm high
- Grown from seed in Suffolk